Trail to Britannia Hütte, Valais.
Skier, mountaineer, SCUBA diver. Gambler. Pilot but not the kind you want to fly with. I work on projects of consequence.
- Crypto Valley Conference Zug 2019
- Zcon1 Split 2019
- Blockwall Investor Summit Munich 2019
- Blockchain & Smart Contracts Summit Berlin 2019
- Swisscom Blockchain Zürich 2019
- Zcon0 Montreal 2018
- IBREA Amsterdam 2018
- HCPP Prague 2017
- Transformamus Zürich 2017
- UBS Summer Seminar Zürich & London 2016
- System and method for exchange of digital assets between distributed ledger systems with forward error correction. Provisional Ser. No. 63/165,190. Filed 24-MAR-2021.
- TimeTracker v0.1 makes it easy to log the amount of time you work and automatically creates a text file you can use for monthly reports. This binary is for AMD64/Debian systems. First published 2021-01-08.
Short Essays and Materials
I collect old books. Here is a sample
of texts that I think are worth reading and I currently have in my
- Bach, 1986. The Design of the Unix Operating System.
- Mises, 1912. The Theory of Money and Credit.
- Rothbard, 1983. The Mystery of Banking.
- Shannon, 1949. The Mathematical Theory of Communication.
- Wiener, 1948. Cybernetics or, Control and Communication in
the Animal and the Machine.
- Schelling, 1960. The Strategy of Conflict.
- Campbell, 1969. Seneca: Letters From a Stoic.
- Hammond, 2006. Marcus Aurelius: Meditations.
- Oldfather, 1928. Epictetus: Discourses, Books 3-4. Fragments.
- Durant, 1968. The Lessons of History.
Advice for my Daughter
- Practice delayed gratification in everything.
- Be comfortable with yourself. Don't rely on anyone else to make you happy or satisfied.
- Be an autodidact, seek objective truths.
- Make your own music.
- Never use social media.
- Excercise daily.
- Read old books.
- Find new books via bibliographies of books you have already read and enjoy.
- Grow your own food when possible.
- Principles matter.
- Spend at least as much time in the country (forests, lakes, mountains, oceans) as in the city.
- Ignore the schemes of politicians and people who wear suits.
||HB3XRS (Switzerland) / KC9PPX (United States)
© 2021 Justin Smith